Top 10 Central Kentucky Restaurants: Part 2
Posted by Ashley Whitworth on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:03:39 PM By Ashley Whitworth / November 16, 2012 Comment
If you're looking for a place to eat this weekend in Central Kentucky, you should take a look at the second half of our list of the Top 10 best restaurants in the Central Kentucky area. If you missed the first half of our list, go here.
- If south-of-the-border cuisine is what you’re looking for, head to Jalapeños Mexican Restaurant. With two locations on South Broadway and New Circle, this establishment was voted the best Mexican Restaurant in Lexington.
- Voted as the best Italian Restaurant and a finalist for the most romantic restaurant, Guiseppe’s Ristorante Italiano is Lexington’s hotspot for good food, good wine, and good jazz music. Located off Nicholasville Rd, Giuseppe’s has been serving great Italian cuisine serenaded by live music for the last 17 years. Musicians perform during dinner every Wednesday and Thursday evening beginning at 6:30pm, and every Friday and Saturday evening beginning at 7pm. Their hours are Monday through Friday 11:30am to 2:30pm for lunch, Monday through Saturday 5pm to 10pm for dinner, and Sunday 5pm to 9pm. Sunday Brunch is served from 11am to 2:30pm.
- The search for the best and most eclectic pizza in Lexington stops at Mellow Mushroom. Mellow Mushroom serves delicious pizza, hoagies, calzones and salads. Providing quality food since 1974, they use fresh ingredients on all their menu items and also include gluten-free dough. They’re located at 503 South Upper St and are open Monday-Tuesday 11am-10pm, Wednesday-Friday 11am-11pm, Saturday 11:30am-11pm, and Sunday 11:30am-10pm.
- To satisfy their sweet tooth, Kentuckians flock to Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt. With seven locations in the Central Kentucky area, Orange Leaf provides their customers with a healthy alternative to dessert by providing decadent flavors reminiscent of childhood trips to the local dessert shop as well as fruit-based flavors that will suit even the most health conscious individuals. For more information, visit their website at www.orangeleafyogurt.com.
- If you’re looking for a place to go for breakfast or brunch, head to Josie’s Grab-and-Go in Chevy Chase. They were voted Lexington’s favorite place to eat breakfast or brunch. From omelets to quiche, and sandwiches and salads, Josie’s has something on the menu to satisfy everyone’s appetite. Their hours are Monday-Saturday 8am- 9pm and Sunday from 8am-2pm.