Halloween Events in Central Kentucky
Posted by Ashley Whitworth on Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 1:53:38 PM By Ashley Whitworth / October 17, 2013 Comment
- Russ Hatter’s Murder & Mayhem Tour, October 17, 24, 30 at 7:30pm at the Buckley Wildlife Sanctuary at 1305 Germany Rd. $10 for ages 18 and older. For reservations, call 502-696-0607 or email email@example.com.
- Monster Mash Movie Night: Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, October 26 at 7:00pm at Liberty Hall Historic Site. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Gates will open at 6:00pm for trick-or-treating in the Liberty Hall garden maze. Tickets are $3, or free for ages 2 and younger.
- Zombie Town, a documentary play by University of Kentucky Theatre, Oct. 11-13 at 7:30pm at UK’s Guignol Theatre located at 465 Rose St. Tickets are $15 for general admission, $10 students. For more information, visit www.finearts.uky.edu/theatre/zombie or call the box office at (859) 257-4929.
- Fright Nights at Jacobson Park, Thursday-Sunday through November 1 at 7:00pm. Enjoy three attractions: The Dark Forest, 13 Doors, and Entrapment. These attractions are recommended for ages 13 and older only. Tickets range from $14-$30. For more information, visit www.lexingtonhauntedhouse.com.
- Wicked World Scaregrounds: Mercy Hospital and Darkwood Carnival, now through November 2. 5817 Tates Creek Rd, $12 for one attraction, $20 for both. Contact the ticket office at 859-797-2273 or visit www.wickedworldscaregrounds.com.
- Fright Nights at the Farm, Thursday-Sunday through November 2nd. 3898 Haley Rd. Exact your revenge with Zombie Paintball Hayride or take a turn on the Fright Nights Haunted Hayride. These attractions are recommended for ages 13 and older. Tickets range from $14-$35. Visit www.lexingtonhauntedhouse.com for more information.
- A Nightmare Noir, October 18 at 9:00pm at Buster’s Billiards & Backroom. Get makeup applied by special effects artists or have your fortune read. Tickets are $10-$15. Visit www.bustersbb.com for more information.
- Little Goblins Galore, October 19 from 11:00am-4:00pm at McConnell Springs. This event features less scary Halloween events for ages 12 and younger. Kids may wear costumes for trick-or-treating, petting zoo, carnival games, and other entertainment. Concessions will be available. Tickets are $5 per child and free for a parent or guardian.
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by the Lexington Children’s Theater, October 20-27. Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for kids. To purchase tickets, visit www.lctonstage.org, or call them at 859-254-4546.
- Ravens Run Mysteries of the Night, October 25 at 7:00pm and 9:00pm at the Raven Run Nature Sanctuary. Visit dark trails full of unusual plants and animals, enjoy ghost stories, concessions, and spooky prizes for participants. Event is free, but you must register. Reserve your time slot at 859-272-6105.
- Thriller and Halloween Parade, October 26 at 8:30pm from the Kentucky Theatre to Mill Street. Preshow activities begin at 6:00pm at CentrePointe.
- Boo-Woo Walk, October 26 at 12:00pm at the Jessamine Country Public Library. Dress your pet up for Halloween and take them trick-or-treating at the library. Prizes for the best costumes. Animals must be on a leash. Event is free, but registration is required. Visit www.jesspublib.org or call them at 859-885-3523.
- Halloween Lights Drive Through, now through October 26 at Fort Boonesborough State Park. Enjoy more than 1 ½ miles of Halloween lights and displays, pirate miniature golf with Halloween music, and more. Concessions will be available.
- Halloween Haunted Train Ride, October 17-19, 25, 26 at 8:00pm at the Bluegrass Railroad Museum. Boarding will begin 15 minutes before departure. Tickets range from $11.50-$13.50. For directions, visit their website at www.bluegrassrailroad.com.