And the Oscar goes to...
Posted by Ashley Whitworth on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 1:59:55 PM By Ashley Whitworth / February 21, 2013 Comment
Kentucky home! While your Super Bowl party was a time to relax and pass a bowl of chips, your Oscar watching party is a time to put your best--and glitziest--foot forward! Here’s your excuse to use your fancy dishes and your best silverware! Here are a few tips to get your glam on at your Oscar party!
- Dress up in your finest attire and encourage your guests do the same.
- Get your party started before your guests walk through the door. Line your walkway with a red carpet (or red tablecloth) and have your guests strike a pose at the end for the paparazzi.
- Create a mix of music based on the various soundtracks of Oscar-nominated films, past and present, to play when guests arrive.
- Hand your guests ballots when they arrive and ask them to cast their votes for the winners. Award prizes for the most and fewest correct guesses. Click here for a list of all the nominees.
- Create a trivia contest based on past Oscar winners or on current nominees. Winner’s awards could be DVDs or CDs of Oscar nominated movies or soundtracks.
- Create cocktails in honor of your favorite leading gentlemen or ladies. For a list of Hollywood inspired cocktails, click here.