4 Local Staycation Ideas in Lexington, KY
Posted by Ashley Whitworth on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 3:10:31 PM By Ashley Whitworth / March 14, 2017 Comment
Planning a Staycation? We’ve got you covered!! Spring Break is right around the corner in Central Kentucky! You may be looking for some local activities that the entire family will enjoy. We’ve uncovered some local treasures that will appeal to a wide variety of interests. Below you will find four different activities to keep your family entertained all week long!
- Indoor Exhibits where you can see a Living Bee Tree, Snakes of Kentucky, a Warm Water Aquarium, and an Alligator Snapping Turtle!
- Outdoor Exhibits where you can see Bald Eagles, Bison, a Black Bear, Elk, Deer, Turkey, and Bobcats!
- Four Miles of Hiking Trails for all levels of hikers
- Two fishing lakes open from dawn until dusk
- Covered picnic shelters and picnic tables with charcoal grills and conveniently located between the Salato Center and the large fishing lake
- General Admission Seating (Adults): $5
- General Admission Seating (Ages 6-18): $2
- General Admission Seating (Ages 65+): $2
- Ages 5 and under are free
- April 5th at 11am: Party for the Planet– Native Spring Flowers Tour
- April 7th from 10am-1pm Party for the Planet– Spring Has Sprung Tree Planting