It’s Festival Time in Central Kentucky!
Fall in Central Kentucky means all things art, music, food, and fun at all the festivals going on around town. Here’s just a sampling of the festivals and events going on in the next few weeks.
- Roots and Heritage Festival, September 5-7, Downtown Lexington. Rootsfestky.com
- Kentucky State BBQ Festival. 5:00pm, September 5th, 11:00 am, September 6th & 7th. Constitution Square State Historic Site, 134 S. Second St., Danville. Free admission. Kentuckybbqfestival.com
- Sadieville in September Festival. 9:00 am, September 6th, Downtown Sadieville
- Kids Fest, 11:00am, September 6, 1:00 pm, September 7, Irvine McDowell Park, Richmond, Parks.richmond.ky.us
- Jefferson Street Soirée. 6:00, September 10th, Jefferson St. from Short St. to Second St., Lexington. Jeffersonstreetsoiree.com
- Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary Fall Festival, 4:00 pm, September 12th & 13th, Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary Church, Lexington
- Kentucky Cork & Tap, 5:00 pm, September 12th, Cheapside Park, Lexington, Downtownlex.com
- Scarefest, 5:00 pm September 12th, 11:00 am, September 13th & 14th, Lexington Convention Center, Lexington. $15-$25 for tickets, Lexingtoncenter.com.
- Evans Orchard Apple Festival, 9:30 am, September 13th, noon, September 14th, Evans Orchard and Cider Mill, Georgetown, Evansorchard.com
- Japan Summer Festival, 11:00 am, September 13th Robert F. Stephens Courthouse Plaza, Lexington, Jask.org/festival
- Annual Bi-Water Farm & Greenhouse Autumn Fest, September 13th-Novovember 1st, Bi-Water Farm and Greenhouse, Georgetown, $10 general admission, Biwaterfarm.com
- Crave Lexington. Noon September 13th & 14th, MoonDance Amphitheater, Lexington, Cravelexington.com
- Josephine Sculpture Park Fall Arts Festival, 11:00 am, September 14th, Josephine Sculpture Park, Frankfort. Parking $5 per vehicle, Josephinesculpturepark.org
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival, 10:00 am, September 16th-21st, Downtown Bardstown, Kybourbonfestival.com
- Spoonbread Festival, 3:00 pm, September 19th, 7:00 am, September 20th, 9:00 am, September 21st, Russel Acton Folk Center & Memorial Park, Berea, Spoonbreadfestival.com
- Christ the King Oktoberfest, 4:00 pm, September 19th, 1:00 pm, September 20th, Cathedral of Christ the King, Lexington, CTKoktoberfest.com
- Secretariat Festival, 5:00 pm, September 19th, 9:00 am, September 20th, Legion Park, Paris, Secretariatfestival.com
- Festival Latino de Lexington, 5:00 pm, September 19th, 4:00 pm, September 20th, Robert F. Stephens Courthouse Plaza, Lexington, Lexingtonky.gov
- Evans Orchard & Cider Mill Harvest Festival, September 20th-October 26th, Evans Orchard and Cider Mill, Georgetown, Evansorchard.com
- Midway Fall Festival, 10:00 am, September 20th & 21st, Downtown Midway, Midwayfallfestival.org
- Bluegrass Hog Wild Ribfest, 9:00 am, September 27th, Bi-Water Farm and Greenhouse, Georgetown, Biwaterfarm.com
- Kirksville Day., 10:00 am, Sept. 27th, Kirksville Community Center, Richmond
- 24th Annual Heritage Festival, Noon, September 27th & September 28th, Saint Andrew Antiochian Orthodox Church, Lexington.
- Oktoberfest on Main, 5:30 pm, September 27th, Downtown Danville, Downtowndanville.com
September 29-October 5
- Fireman’s Chili Cook-off, 6:00 pm, October 2nd, Main Street, Georgetown
- Festival of the Horse, Noon, October 3rd, 9:00 am, October 4th, 11:00 am, October 5th, Downtown Georgetown, Festivalofthehorse.org
- Wilmore Arts & Crafts Festival, 9:00 am, October 4th, Downtown Wilmore, Wilmore.org