Winter can be a drag. The weather is cold and it gets dark so early. Thankfully, there are a lot of Central Kentucky activities that you can go to in the next few weeks that will banish the winter-woes!
- Get ready for the 2013 WKYT Kentucky Sport, Boat, and Recreation Show, happening Thursday, January 31st– Sunday, February 3rd at Heritage Hall in Rupp Arena. A variety of outdoor activities will be represented as well as a number of both local and national vendors will be in attendance bringing the best in boats, RVs, campers, motor sports, and more to one central location. Bring the kids for a petting zoo, a trout tank where kids can try to catch a real fish, and a zipline tour across Rupp Arena.
- The Kentucky Round Up is a new event in Central Kentucky that will be on February 2, 2013 in the Alltech Arena at the Kentucky Horse Park. It is geared towards helping children and families discover the fun world of horses. There will be live horse demonstrations and clinics, an interactive kids corral, educational classes, an international safety symposium, exhibitors and vendors, and an evening concert by John Michael Montgomery.
- You’re invited to watch the Lexington Chapter of the Kentucky Polo Club practice and play every Tuesday and Thursday nights at the Kentucky Horse Park in the Covered Arena. Learn the sport of polo while watching heated competition! For more information, contact Lexington Polo at 859-254-5667 or visit their website.
- Downtown Winchester will host Wine About Winter on Thursday, February 7th from 5:00pm-8:00 p.m.This annual event features more than 16 businesses and restaurants hosting 9 Kentucky wineries,cake,candy and coffee vendors and jewelry artisans and features live music and KY Proud food sampling in the historic downtown Winchester setting.
- Kick up your heels at EKU’s Center for the Arts production of A Chorus Line, Tuesday, February 19th. Winner of 9 Tony Awards, including “Best Musical”, A Chorus Line is perfect for anyone who has ever had a dream and put it all on the line. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit EKU’s Center for the Arts website.