Each Friday until Christmas, we’ll be featuring a different area of your Kentucky home to decorate for the holidays. Last week, we showed you step-by-step instructions on how to wrap a present. This week, our last Friday before Christmas, we will focus on setting your dinner table for Christmas dinner.
When decorating for the holiday season, many people remember to decorate the yard, the Christmas tree and the mantle, but what about the dining room table? You want your dinner guests to be transformed into the holiday season mood immediately upon entering the dining room. Decorating the table for the Christmas dinner is a great way to make the day even more memorable. Here are a few examples to give you some sparkling inspiration.
- Keep decorations simple with a burlap table runner and a festive centerpiece. For a natural centerpiece, use pine needle branches as a fresh-smelling base to place ornaments. Put pinecones in an apothecary jar or clear vase.
- Add coziness to basic votives with a small cutting from the sleeve of an old sweater. Be sure to wrap the sweater around the glass (not the candle itself), and always monitor a burning candle.
- Use Christmas presents or cake stands to stack decorations at different heights to give your table depth. Make sure you don’t stack items too high for people to see across the table.
- Let the winter greenery creep into a clever candle display. Start with a glass votive, wineglass, or hurricane as the candleholder. Choose a flat pine needle branch. Apply spray adhesive to one side of the greenery and press firmly onto the glass. Clip off loose pine ends if needed.
- Don’t forget the chandelier! Hang ornaments or greenery from the lighting.
- Don’t limit Christmas table decorations ideas to the table. Chairs need love, too, especially when you’re going to put your extra holiday weight on them. Festives chairs set an impression from a long way off, so your guests will already be in a holiday mood before they even sit down.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our decorating for the holidays series! Everyone at Milestone Realty Consultants wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!