Where can you go in the Central Kentucky area for a great meal with a great atmosphere? Whether you’re looking for a relaxing patio or a casual breakfast eatery, here are 5 of the top 10 restaurants, voted on by the general public in the Lexington Herald Leader’s 2012 Reader’s Choice Awards, as the best places to grab some grub around the Bluegrass State!
- If you’re in the mood for some great sushi, head over to Aqua Sushi, voted as Lexington’s Favorite Place to get sushi. Located in Malone’s at their Hamburg, Lansdowne, and Palomar locations, Aqua Sushi is serving up the freshest made-to-order sushi around town!
- Voted as the place with both the best patio dining and the most romantic, The Merrick Inn serves up some of the best signature southern cuisine and innovative American dishes. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm-10:00pm, and until 10:30pm on Friday and Saturdays.
- Since 1978, Billy’s BBQ has been the place to go for the best barbeque in town! Billy’s specializes in ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, mutton, chicken, and their world-famous Kentucky Burgoo, a traditional meat and vegetable stew. You can find them in the Chevy Chase area at 101 Cochran Rd in Lexington.
- Ramsey’s has become a Kentucky tradition since first opening their doors in 1989. Now with four area diners, Ramsey’s has become the home of Kentucky cooking, featuring Kentucky Proud food items and Missy’s Pies for dessert. Visit one of their four locations at High Street, Tates Creek, Andover, or Harrodsburg Road.
- If you need to satisfy your sweet tooth, Magee’s Bakery has been baking the best baked goods in town for over 50 years. As a family owned and operated bakery, they offer a wide variety of cookies, desserts, and deli items. Their specialty treats are their cakes, becoming a time-honored tradition in the Central Kentucky area! Pick up some of their delicious goods at the corner of Main Street and South Ashland Avenue in Lexington
Stay tuned for the second half of Central Kentucky’s top 10 restaurants!